Monday, July 27, 2015

Edmodo

Today I explored Edmodo. I found instead of groups, you follow communities. Groups are private sections you set up to share information (could be teacher to teacher, teacher to students, district to teachers, etc). I started following the math community. I joined the community and then posted the following comment in hopes to connect with more math teachers and get ideas for the first week of school. 
"Are there any 6th grade math teachers following this page? If so, what is your favorite introduction activity for the first week of school? I am trying to find curriculum based getting to know you activities for the new school year that starts in 3 weeks for me. One of activity is Expression Bingo. Students create a Bingo board, then write expressions that represent numerical parts of their lives.  For example age, school size, number of sibblings, ect. They have to use all four operations at least twice. Here is an example I have 2+1 brothers. The next step is to find students that have the same number. For example my birthdate is 3x1. They both have an answer of three so they inital each other's block!"
I am excited to see what other teachers respond. I noticed the community was great for sharing donor's choose projects, ideas, ask questions, and connect. I really had fun scrolling through the post. I wish the community had small groups within it of grade levels or groups of grades (K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12). 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment